It felt good today to get back to a routine after two weeks in Syria. I truly enjoy waking up with Elissar at 7 am and watching the news while eating breakfast. Around 9 Elissar goes down for a nap and I head to the gym. Zouheir babysits while I workout. He sleeps while she sleeps (how hard). On good days I make it back before either wakes up and I can enjoy a long shower. By the time I am dressed, E is usually awake and ready to get out of the house. Usually we head to the mall. Today however, we walked down to Scoosh Juice Bar for bit of lunch, coming home in time for E's afternoon nap.
We did make to the mall today. When Elissar woke up we went and met Zouheir for an early dinner at the mall. We ate at this french cafe, Le Pain Quotien. The usualy fast service seemed ideal for a meal with Elissar. She is finally reaching the age at which she can sit with us at a meal. We sat her in a high chair and pulled her up to the table across from Zouheir. We then watched as she grabbed a piece of bread and began nawing on it with a huge grin on her face. With that Zouheir looked at her and said, "Wow, she really looks like a real person". It is amazing to me that this baby that came out of me is really a unique person with a personality and individual thoughts and people are begining to see her as that.
No trip to the mall is complete without a little shopping. I got my new watch sized, Zouheir got some new shoes, and we picked up a few items from the grocery store. By the time we got home, E was more than ready for bed. She was sound asleep after a quick bath and some cuddle time with mommy. I love being her mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment