I don't think I appreciated the freedom I had before E was born. I used to be able to wake up when I wanted, spend all day outside of the house, I could go out for a long lunch with friends, and stay up late drinking wine with my husband. Now, I am up at 7 am everyday, my life revolves around a nap schedule, going out to lunch should be less than an hour, and I am ready to hit the hay by 9 pm (not mention more than one glass of wine and lil' E is a lil' tipsy). I envy those of you without children. Now that she is here, I cannot imagine a happy life without E, but I miss my life when I didn't have someone to worry so much about.
The babysitter was here tonight so Z and I went to the movies with one of his friends from work. The movie, "Max Payne", wasn't so good, but it was really enjoyable to have a real conversation with someone without a baby clinging to me and yelling for attention.
The pics are of E and I making biscuits. She thoughly enjoyed banging all the utensils on the floor while I attempted to whip up some biscuits from scratch. Since we are moving to Syria, where there is no such thing as processed food, I am trying to hone my cooking skills using nothing but the most basic ingredients. Today's biscuits are the first successful attempt.
No comments:
Post a Comment