screaming in her crib before she finally fell asleep. I hate when
this happens. It rattles my nerves and I turn into a psychotic mess.
I constantly wonder if I am doing the right thing by letting her cry.
I don't know why she does this. This is the first time in a really
long time she refused to go to sleep at bedtime. Obviously, it makes
me wonder if there is something wrong. Questions like, 'is she hot/
cold?', 'Did she have a nightmare?', 'Is she just doing this for
attention?' or 'Is she still sick?' (she was sick for the past couple
of weeks with a cold, but she seemed fine today). According to the
books children may protest sleep or wake during the night (she woke 5+
times last night) after a bout with a cold. I am not sure I
understand the reason behind this and can only infer that she got used
to the cold medicine, which made her drowsy, and is now having trouble
falling asleep without it. Zouheir thinks that she is just not
tired. I would agree, but she only took one nap today and was
definitely cranky before bedtime, both today and yesterday.
Hopefully, the past two nights will be a one time thing (I am just
getting used to sleeping through the night again). I pray that I
won't hear a sound from her room until tomorrow morning and she will
greet me with smiles and giggles. I am going watch her tomorrow and
see if she gets tired around her usual nap times. Maybe Zouheir is
right, and she just might less sleep than before.
No comments:
Post a Comment