Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cruisin'

So Elissar is finally moving around on her own. She is so happy with
herself, now that she can confidently waddle around the couches and
coffee tables. She is even attempting to take a few steps to get from
one piece of furniture to another. So far she has been unsuccessful,
but I imagine in a few weeks time Elissar will be able to get herself
from place to place with ease.

Something else Elissar has really started to love is the bike she got
for Christmas. She really LOVES it. For the first time I have
something that will keep her entertained for more than 5 minutes. I
LOVE her bike. It is actually a pretty nice toy (if I was smaller I
wouldn't mind riding on it myself). Right now it set up so she can
rock back and forth on it. When she is a little taller I will put the
wheels on so that she can move around. It also has a ton of buttons
she can play with and a lighted display that she finds fascinating.
The only downside is that the volume can't be turned down, so we are
all listening to the same songs again and again and again. Even as I
type this I can hear "The wheels on my bike go round and
round..." (Mary is supposed to be getting herself dressed but I think
she is just letting her play instead)
.

No comments: